TONIC - TERMS OF SERVICE
Grameenphone (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) intends to provide mobile healthcare products and services to users by means of the technology infrastructure provided by Telenor Health (or its affiliate as the case may be) in Bangladesh (“Service”). Your access and use of the technology infrastructure or any part thereof, for access to the Services are governed by these Terms of Service (“Terms”). Please note that other terms of service remain applicable in relation to your use of the mobile communication network as set out in your agreement with your mobile telecommunications service provider (Mobile Service Agreement). Please read these Terms carefully before using the Service.
General Terms and Conditions
2. If we need to change these Terms, we will post the revised Terms through our Service and update the “Last Revised” date to reflect the date of the changes either by SMS, email, by posting a notice on the website or by any other means of written communication. You are responsible for being aware of any changes made to these Terms. By continuing to use our Service after we post such changes, you agree to the Terms, as modified.
The Services That Grameenphone Ltd Provides
1. Our Service is designed to enable you to obtain mobile healthcare consultations and treatment for common medical conditions by facilitating the connection between you and a licensed healthcare provider (a “Provider”). If you are assigned one or more Providers whilst using our Service, each Provider may be referred to as your “Provider.” The Provider is an independent contractor and is employed by an independent entity and not Grameenphone Ltd. Grameenphone Ltd provides a technology platform to connect you with Providers who shall be available to provide you with certain non-emergency medical advice.
2. Additionally, the Service also includes provision of SMS and voice messages on general health as well as specialized health topics. The content and material provided through the Services are intended to educate consumers on health care and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. Nothing in the content or material should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
3. We reserve the right to amend the Service from time to time and shall notify you of any changes in writing by SMS, email or other means of written communication such as by posting on our website.
4. By subscribing for our Service you acknowledge and accept that we may contact you from time to time in relation to other “Tonic” services we may deliver (including without limitation any Tonic benefits, membership status or relevant special offers).
Determining if the Service is right for you
1. In some cases, our Services may not be the most appropriate way for you to seek medical advice. For example, certain health issues may require an in-person procedure or highly specialized providers not available through our Services. You will be informed if our Services are unable to help with your particular issue. In such an event, a record of your call will remain on our files, but you will not have established a patient-physician relationship with a Provider for the purpose of resolving this particular issue.
THE MEDICAL CARE YOU RECEIVE FROM YOUR PROVIDER THROUGH GRAMEENPHONE LTD IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR OTHER MEDICAL TREATMENT YOU MAY NEED. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU MUST SEEK EMERGENCY MEDICAL HELP. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, OUR SERVICES ENTAIL THE PROVISION OF NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL ADVICE.
SPECIFIC TERMS & CONDITIONS For Medicine Delivery
“ePharma” is an online pharmacy (http://epharma.com.bd) that is owned and operated by a third-party company called LIMITLESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED, which is a private limited company incorporated under the laws of Bangladesh, with registered address at House-477, Road-32, Mohakhali DOHS, Dhaka-1206, Bangladesh (“LSL”).
LSL has agreed to provide various discounts to Tonic Members (“Discounts”) on medicines, products and services offered, sold and/or delivered by LSL throughePharmato Tonic Members(“Medicines”).
The following terms and conditions (‘Terms’) specifically apply to all purchases of Medicines by Tonic Members from LSL/ePharma and delivery of the same by LSL/ePharma.
By ordering Medicines from LSL / ePharma, you agree to and confirm your full acceptance of these Terms. You must not order Medicines from LSL / ePharma, if you do not agree to and accept these Terms.
These Terms do not in any way limit or affect the validity of other terms and conditions that are applicable to Tonic Members in relation to Tonic (in general) or any specific Tonic feature (where applicable).
2. Liabilities & Disclaimers
Grameenphone Limited (“GP”) or Telenor Health (“TH”) (collectively “We”, “Our”, “Us”) assume no liability or responsibility in relation to any and/or all Medicines ordered or purchased by Tonic Members from LSL/ePharma.
LSL / ePharma are solely responsible to Tonic Members in relation to their sale and delivery of Medicines to Tonic Members(as per applicable law). We have no roles, responsibilities, or liabilities in relation to such matters whatsoever.
We do not endorse or recommend LSL/ ePharma or any particular Medicines sold by LSL/ ePharma.Any Medicine purchased by a Tonic Member from LSL/ ePharma shall be based on sole discretion and judgment of the Tonic Member, without any representation, warranty or endorsement from Us.
We have no control over and do not guarantee: the existence, quality, safety or legality of Medicines; the truth or accuracy of descriptions of Medicines, the ability of LSL/ePharmato sell the Medicines; or that LSL/ePharma will actually complete a transaction or provide a replacement or refund.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liabilities and responsibilities arising from or related to in any way to the Medicines or LSL/ ePharma, including (without limitation) regarding authenticity, reliability, effectiveness, title, safety, legality or quality of any Medicines or time taken by LSL/ePharma or delays or failures by LSL/ePharma in delivering the Medicines. Accordingly, we cannot be held liable or responsible for the foregoing at any time.
This Medicine sale and delivery service/feature is not intended for and must not be used or relied on in relation to emergencies.
3. Discounts & Payments for Medicines
Tonic Members may be entitled to various discounts directly from LSL / ePharmafor Medicines that they purchase from LSL / ePharma. Amounts of such discounts may vary depending on types, MRP and availability of Medicines and discretion of LSL / ePharma.
VAT (as applicable) shall be payable by Tonic Members.
Payments shall be payable directly by Tonic Members to LSL / ePharma upon delivery of Medicines. We have no roles, responsibilities or liabilities to collect payments from or offer discounts to Tonic Members in relation to the Medicines and cannot be held liable or responsible for the same.
4. Order Submission & Medicine Delivery
Orders will be confirmed and Medicines will be delivered to Tonic Members directly by LSL / ePharma.
Once an order for Medicines is placed by a Tonic Member, LSL / ePharma will contact the Tonic Member by phone to confirm the order. Once confirmed, the Medicines will be delivered by LSL / ePharma to the Tonic Member.
Target delivery timeframe for orders is 24 hours of orders being confirmed by Tonic Member. Actual delivery time can be longer due to traffic, holidays, unavailability and etc.
We have no roles, responsibilities or liabilities to confirm orders or to deliver Medicines to the Tonic Members and cannot be held liable or responsible for the same.
An order shall have a minimum value of BDT 300 (after discount and before VAT). Any order valuing BDT 300 (after discount and before VAT) cannot be placed.
Delivery charge (additional) is BDT 49 for orders between BDT 300-499 (after discount and before VAT).
Tonic Members may be eligible for free delivery (within Dhaka delivery coverage) for all orders with value of BDT 500 and above(after discount and before VAT).
Dhaka delivery coverage (North: Uttara to South: Jatrabari & Broader market of Dhaka).
5. Refunds & Rejections
All rejections and refunds shall be as per LSL’s / ePharma’s policies and handled directly between Tonic Member and LSL/ePharma. We have no roles, responsibilities or liabilities in relation to such rejections or refunds and cannot held liable or responsible for the same.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information and for all activities that occur thereunder. You agree to immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any unauthorized use of your Account Information. Grameenphone Ltd reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary, regarding the security of our Service and your Account Information, including the right to refuse and/or cancel your registration. Grameenphone Ltd shall not be liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of our Service, your or any other person’s use of the Account Information, or your release of the Account Information to a third party, whether such release is intended or not, save where such liability cannot be excluded by Grameenphone Ltd under applicable law.
1. The agreement between you and Grameenphone Ltd shall commence on the date you accept these Terms and shall continue in effect for as long as your authorized use of the Service continues. The Service will commence once you have accepted these Terms.
2. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access our Service and use our Service solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
4. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) interfere with or disrupt the functioning of the Service in any manner, including the functioning of any software, hardware, network or server connected to the Service; (b) distribute or transfer in any manner the Service or any part of the Service to any third party; (c) copy or modify the Service or any part of the Service for any purpose whatsoever; (d) reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on any part of the Service for any purpose, commercial or otherwise; or (e) use the Service in any manner that is inconsistent with these Terms. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to deny and/or withdraw use of the Service to anyone for any reason whatsoever.
Obligation of Grameenphone Ltd
Grameenphone Ltd will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with technical support and updates for the Service in accordance with its regular business practice and will provide the Service in a professional manner.
Use of our Service requires that you comply with acceptable use requirements as determined by Grameenphone Ltd. As part of your responsibilities, you agree that you will not: (a) use the Service in any unlawful manner; (b) use the Service in any manner that is harmful, hateful, harassing, abusive, or otherwise offensive to any other person or entity (including your Provider); (c) interfere with or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Service; (d) use the Service as a means to distribute unsolicited or unauthorized communications, advertisements or spam; (e) collect or use any data or Service content that violates any third-party right; (f) create a false identity, impersonate another person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent yourself; (g) breach or otherwise circumvent any security measures incorporated into the Service; or (h) use the Service in any manner that is considered unacceptable by Grameenphone Ltd.
Price and Payment Terms
You agree to pay certain fees for the right to use the Service at the current rates set forth on the website www.mytonic.com from time to time or as otherwise provided to you by Grameenphone Ltd or its affiliates. The fees (and any other charges) relating to the Service will be payable by you in accordance with the payment terms agreed under your Mobile Service Agreement. Payments shall be made in Bangladesh Taka (BDT). Fees are subject to change, and any changes will be provided on the website www.mytonic.com or as otherwise communicated to you by Grameenphone Ltd or its affiliates. It is your responsibility to remain informed about the current payment rates from time to time in respect of the Services. Grameenphone Ltd or its affiliates, such as your mobile telecommunications service provider, on behalf of your Provider, will charge you for medical services provided by your Provider, and you agree to pay for all medical services provided to you as well as for any SMS and voice messages provided on specialized health topics. Unless otherwise agreed to by Grameenphone Ltd, all fees paid are non-refundable.
You agree that Grameenphone Ltd is authorized to bill your account and charge your designated method of payment when payments are due, including any sales or other applicable tax that may be required.
At present we do not process any insurance claims, nor will your Provider process claims on your behalf. It is solely up to you to determine whether your coverage applies to the provision of our Services hereunder, and submit a claim if applicable. You are responsible for the full fee charged for our Service, regardless of whether you later are able to receive reimbursement from your health plan for part or all of the cost of the Service.
Moreover, you are solely responsible for all charges and applicable fees (including taxes and any fees charged by your bank) associated with the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions for payment of these charges and fees are those that have already been agreed between you and your mobile telecommunications service provider as specified in your Mobile Services Agreement.
We are the owner or licensor of all right, title and interest in and to our Service, including all current and future intellectual property rights, and any suggestions, ideas or other feedback provided by you or any other party, relating to our Service. Any copy, modification, revision, enhancement, adaptation, translation or derivative work of or created from our Service shall be owned solely and exclusively by Grameenphone Ltd, as shall any and all patent rights, copyrights, trade secret rights, trademark rights, and all other proprietary rights. You shall not remove or permit any third party to remove any proprietary rights from our Service or its contents.
Certain names, logos and other materials displayed in our Service may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (whether registered or unregistered) of Grameenphone Ltd or other third party entities (“Marks”). You are not in any way authorized to use any such Marks by these Terms. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or our licensors.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our Service, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party, in any manner whatsoever, should we exercise such right.
Termination/ Cancellation Rights
You may unsubscribe from our Service, after a minimum subscription period of one month, at any time for any reason by sending us an email which indicates your intention to unsubscribe from our Service or by calling us or by visiting our USSD menu. You must subscribe to the Service for a minimum period of one month, such period starting from the date that you first subscribe to our Service. Furthermore, Grameenphone Ltd may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, discontinue the provision of the Service at any time due to loss of regulatory approvals, breach by the user or for any other reason whatsoever.
We reserve the right to assign and/or transfer these Terms and all the rights and obligations pursuant thereto to any third party for any reason whatsoever, including in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or any other disposition. In case of such assignment and/or transfer, all information provided to us pursuant to these Terms, will be transferred to that third party and you agree to provide reasonable assistance in this regard.
Our Service is provided on an “as is” basis. Your access to or use of our Service is voluntary and at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations and/or endorsements of any kind (including, without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to our Service, or with respect to any information, product, service, merchandise or other material provided on or through our Service (including any consultations or other services you may receive from your Providers). Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to engage with reputable Providers, we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness or usefulness of our Service. We do not warrant that the Service will function without delays, disruptions, interferences, imperfections, or any adverse incident.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Grameenphone Ltd, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and/or suppliers, and/or the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and/or any other mobile service provider, through whom Grameenphone Ltd provides the Service, be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, or the use of, or the inability to use, our Service, including, without limitation, any information made available through our Service or any services performed by any Providers you connect with via our Service (including claims of medical malpractice or negligence), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with any of our materials, products, or services, or with any of the terms and conditions of these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Grameenphone Ltd, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, and/or the officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents of each, and/or any other mobile service providers, through whom Grameenphone Ltd provides the Service, from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from your use of our Service, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of any other person or entity or for any harm or loss suffered due to negligent or improper advice provided by the Provider. We reserve the right to control the defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification, and you agree to provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Grameenphone Ltd shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of the Service for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to power supply, failures of electronic communications, acts of God, war, flood, political unrest, riots, strikes or labor disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other event which is beyond the reasonable control of Grameenphone Ltd.
In the first instance, complaints or grievances should be addressed to the customer service team. You can contact us via telephone, email or letter using the following contact details:
Phone: 20000 from any Grameenphone mobile account
Letter: Attention, TONIC
GP House, Level 9
Bashundhara, Baridhara, Dhaka 1229
The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of these Terms will be governed by the laws of Bangladesh. Any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Bangladesh Arbitration Act, 2001. The parties agree to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of the arbitration located in Dhaka, Bangladesh for any action related to these Terms. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right. If any provision is found to be invalid, the parties agree that they will submit to the court to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect. You have no authority to act on behalf of or bind Grameenphone Ltd in any manner whatsoever.
You agree to the use of electronic documents and records in connection with future transactions and communications involving our Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Any translation of the Terms from English into another language are made solely for your convenience. In the event of discrepancies between different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Any and all provisions of these Terms that would reasonably be expected to be performed after the termination of these Terms shall survive and be enforceable after such termination, including, without limitation, provisions relating to ownership, indemnification, limitation of liability and governing law.
I have read these Terms carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the Services and by checking the box containing "I ACCEPT THE TERMS" I hereby state that I have read, understood, and agree to the Terms.